The Professional Flight program is designed for individuals who wish to obtain a bachelor’s degree while earning pilot ratings to work as a professional pilot eventually. You will spend a significant amount of time immersed in the technical aspects of aviation while earning your Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ratings through flight training.
Flight training will take place at Morningside’s state-of-the-art facility at the Sioux Gateway Airport, located in Iowa and just across the border from Nebraska and South Dakota. Construction on the facility is expected to be completed in 2023. Morningside is also currently going through the process of being certified by the FAA as a Part 141 program to provide pilot ratings.
About Professional Flight Aviation at Morningside:
- The Sioux Gateway Airport will provide an ideal setting for gaining flight experience in four distinct Midwest weather seasons with a variety of conditions.
- Benefit from studying in Sioux City, Iowa’s fourth largest city, which is located in one of the largest ag-producing congressional districts in the country.
- Study with faculty who have extensive aviation backgrounds, including individuals with military and commercial flying experience.
- Learn in an environment dedicated to professionalism, safety, ethical leadership, and civic responsibility.
- Begin your aviation career at any stage of life, whether you are just graduating from high school or are amidst a career or life change.
This program has been submitted to the Higher Learning Commission for approval, and is currently under review.